Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mom's Birthday Card?

I make a birthday card for my mom every year. Each year though, I just draw something on a folded piece of paper. School takes up quite a bit of time. But, this year I don%26#039;t have much homework because spring break is early. I%26#039;d like to do it in a scrapbookesque style. I like the look of layered paper with one single flower on top. I think it%26#039;s really cute. Can you recommend any good sites for making birthday cards, or cards in general? Random pictures of nice cards would also help. Thanks!

Mom%26#039;s Birthday Card?
I think what you are looking for is the 3D effect that you can only get with paper scrapbooking.





In order to get this effect, you will need to have your basic card stock (for the main folded piece).





You will also need patterned or solid (but colored) card stock for the matting (which you refer to as the layered paper).





As for the flower - you can purchase a craft punch to create the flower, you can purchase a die-cut flower, a 3d sticker OR you can even purchase a silk flower.





(NOTE: If you go silk, the silk flower must be the %26quot;embellishment%26quot; type (ie: can%26#039;t be from those plastic silk flowers you will purchase at micheals)).





You might also want to consider some Chipboard items. You can get them in Alphabets more than anything - but you can also get them in flowers and other shapes.





Some come with amazing printed designs and even glitter and others come completely blank.





(If you get a blank one...you might want to use an image transfer of you and your mom over it - she will cherish that FOREVER!).





I would love to hear if you use one of these ideas and even see a photo of the finished project.





P.S. I have a few card samples on my site if you want some inspiration.
Reply:if u have a apple computer you can make like cool backgrounds. You can also use a power point to make something nice and or type floral pattern on google copy paste and write whatever message you are going to write 2 your mom



Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment