Monday, August 3, 2009

I've been volunteered to make balloon animals for a kid's birthday party, but need a "setlist." ...

I've been making ballon art for years, but I've never done it for a crowd and much less for a bunch of rowdy ten year olds. So I'm looking for suggestions about what kind of balloon sculptures I should make that don't take so long to put together. Nothing complex because I don't want to feel pressured by trying to do it fast and I don't want the kid to get bored while I'm doing it. So far I know I want to make simple 3 balloon flowers, 2 balloon hats, 1 balloon sword, 2 balloon bumblebees, 1 balloon teddy bears, maybe a 4 balloon frog hat, and a 1 balloon heart. So any suggestions as to what I should add to my list? Preferably stuff that I can make that won't require more than 3 balloons.





Oh, and for the professionals out there: What do you talk about with the kids while you make them their balloon sculpture? I don't want to just stand there making something without talking to them; that's akward. I want some interaction, but I don't know what to say to them. Any tips?





Thank you!

I've been volunteered to make balloon animals for a kid's birthday party, but need a "setlist." ...
Okay, I'm not a professional, in fact the only thing I can make out of balloons is a snake, LOL, but I have worked with kids, and I've been to a lot of kids parties, here's what I would recommend.





While you are working on the balloons, talk about how you make a balloon animal. What do you fill the balloons with, do you use helium or do you use air from your mouth. Tell the children approximately how long it takes to fill up a balloon, how many different colors of balloons you keep in your bag, how many parties you have made balloons at, how many balloons you use in a year, etc. If they are 10 year olds, they will love all the "funny facts", like how do you correct a mistake if you make one, do you start over or do you make do. You can also talk about the birthday party, the decorations, and each child in the room. Ask the children if they have questions, tell them about the largest and the smallest balloon animal you've ever made, tell them about the balloon animal that took the most balloons, etc. They will love hearing about the fascinating world of blowing up balloons.





As for a set list, I don't know whether the children at the party will be boys or girls, but here is what I would recommend:


Dog


Flowers


Swords


Hats (both a "princess type hat" and a "pirate type hat)


Monkey


Teddy Bear


Heart


Swan


I've also seen dinosaurs and guitars that the kids loved.





If you need some instructions, there are great ones at: http://www.balloondesigns.net/freesite.h...





And some basic instructions:


http://www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties....
Reply:Searching for a site with easy to make balloon figures I came across this one telling about a balloon-buskers preparations:


http://www.fooledya.com/busking/show.htm...





I searched on a bit and here are some figure pages:


http://www.professorwonder.com/baloon17....


http://www.balloonhq.com/faq/twists_101....


http://www.mbd2.com/KidsStuff/Goldfish.h...





I hope these help.



make up

No comments:

Post a Comment